Sunday 24 March 2013

Interesting news!

Hello everyone!

Following my OU course in creative writing, a few very talented fellow students decided to create a publisher, which they named 'Ink Pantry' with the aim of creating an anthology of student work from the course A215.  They were asking for submissions, so I re-edited a couple of samples of my course work, and with crossed fingers, submitted.  My hopes weren't very high, and I didn't tell any of my friends or family as I didn't want them getting exited for me needlessly!

After an indeterminable amount of time, I received a very unexpected email, which went along the lines of: 'Congratulations, one of your pieces has been selected for inclusion in the upcoming anthology, yet to be entitled.'  - Now, I did get excited at this, but still felt it best to keep quiet, until the physical proof is in my hands.  I am not really a superstitious sort, but still, didn't want to jinx anything by letting on too early.

Finally however, after the Christmas period, a brown paper wrapped object was fed to my letterbox.  Upon opening, I saw my limited run physical copy of 'Sea of Ink', (which is available as an eBook in a range of online bookshops worldwide!)  I am only now writing this blog entry about it, as I have been inundated with work for my latest OU course, A230 (Reading and Studying Literature) which I shall write about in a separate entry, when I can find some more time and energy!

I highly recommend to everyone this anthology.  My poem is surrounded by some amazing works of prose and poetry, by some equally amazing writers.  I am just proud to be in amongst them - and I guess can now call myself a writer?!  I do hope in the future to be able to write more - I shall endeavour to keep this blog informed of any progress!

Thanks for reading, best wishes to all!

Neil

© Neil I Fletcher - 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment