Monday 26 September 2011

Journal version 2.0?

Hello again!

Because the idea of carrying a notepad around everywhere I go with a pen or pencil seems a bit scary, I had a look into a more up-to-date approach to note taking and memo writing.  I have an Android phone, so figured to check on the Android market and see if there was anything on there that might help me out with this problem.
It turns out that there are solutions to this problem on the Android Market.  The option that I plumbed for is a free App called 'NoteToSelf' which I believe is by a Brian Swartzfager.  I haven't had a lot of time to play with the App so far, but what I have seen has been promising.  There is the option to type out any thoughts, hopes and dreams on the little on screen keyboard but there is also another option for adding notes which is Speech to Text.  I did a little rooting about on the market and found another free App called 'Voice Search' which it says is by Google Inc.  This App allowed NoteToSelf to access the Speech to text feature, so now when I think of something and I am not near my trusty computer or laptop I can talk into my phone and it saves what I say as text to read later.  Some of the words that have come up have been.. unusual, but this is a good thing really as any inspiration is good and bonus words could possibly give an idea for a short story or poem or even a Haiku.

Anyway, this is my workaround for the notebook and pen debate and I hope that it gives inspiration to do your own workaround. (or just do the same thing!)   If anyone has any better ideas feel free to put them in the comments section, I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment