Friday 30 September 2011

Free writes are mental!

I am not going to post all that came out in my latest free write session, but I was so excited by it I figured I would have to share my thoughts on freewriting.

Wow!  It's amazing how the brain can tangent!  The key word start really does act like a key.  With my eyes closed I started to type whatever came into my head, and apart from a myriad of spelling mistakes - which really don't matter at all in freewriting, a story emerged, or at least a kernal of one!  It had absolutely nothing to do with the prompt, but told a tale of evil doings of a madman on a stormy night!  I won't post what I wrote as it is, but if I can knock it into shape then I might well post the 'in shape' story then.

I just felt that I had to tell somebody about it as I am so excited, so figured why not just blog it!  I hope that everyone else has a similar experience soon so that they can feel what I am feeling.. If I were to try and vocalise it, I would say a mixture of excitement, pride, nervous energy and wonder!

OK, I will shush now and go relax a bit.  I dare not play with what I have written now in case I mess up what is there!  Take care all!

Neil

2 comments:

  1. I will be very interested to read the end result. It is very bizarre how your subconscious can just carry you off... perhaps it is your muse?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does anyone else type their freewrites? I've been using a notebook but find it's much harder to write as I'm so used to using a keyboard and my hand aches after 5 minutes. Also, my freewrites still seem to end up being about personal stuff; I can't seem to flow away into other areas. Anyone else finding this?

    ReplyDelete