Saturday 1 October 2011

Orchid Haiku, 3 for 2.

Another day, another Haiku but as it's the weekend and the official start of my OU course, I have written two on a theme, and one of those has two derivations.  I hope that makes sense, and more importantly, I hope that you like them:

Beautiful Orchid;
Ever striving towards the sun -
Failure spells death.


Beautiful Orchid;
Ever striving towards the sun -
Failure means death.


And the other one:


Orchid Flowering;
Reaching out to taste the sun -
Engorged it thrives.

6 comments:

  1. Wow thanks Janys for the wonderful comments! I am glad that you enjoyed them and got something from them!

    I shall post more in the near future I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neil, I like them all but prefer the last one cos' I think engorged is a great word to use. (My mind isn't in the gutter in case you were wondering, just think it works well with Orchid!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sally, I thought it worked well when I wrote it. I saw the possible connotation, but that wasn't my intention. I just felt that it leant weight to the concept and the imagery.

    I am glad you like them, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neil, I love these. Soooooo much better than mine Lol. Your blog it great. I am about to put a link to it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neil, I love these. Soooooo much better than mine Lol. Your blog it great. I am about to put a link to it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Annie for your kind words! I am removing two of the comments as it seems to have repeated the same one three times!

    I am humbled that you think so highly of my work - and I am very grateful for you putting a link to my blog on yours!

    Thanks again, and best wishes

    Neil

    ReplyDelete