Monday 10 October 2011

Sense of smell

The course book tells me to sit quietly and listen and write about three things that you can feel, taste, hear, see, smell..  Well I figured I would just blog one example 'live' and see how it turns out!

I smell the delicate aroma of lemons coming from the mug to my left hand side.  I know what is in the mug: Green tea with lemon, and it has me wondering whether I can smell the lemons, or just imagine that I can smell the lemons, which makes my brain notice a lemon scent?  Now that is a brain teaser.  In either case the smell is boldly delicate, enticing me to take a sip.

Hmm, not exactly world class descriptive text there..  Although I do like the idea that has arisen from it regarding whether the smell is physical or a mental supposition arrived at by the pre existing knowledge of what is there already.  To be fair I think that I picked the hardest sense to write about.  Will have to pick a different one next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment